Alcohol is the universal drink whenever celebrations or get together comes. Although it is considered as a kind of chemical that has a formidable effect on the body and it is not labeled as food. There are several kinds of alcohol. There is alcohol that people use externally and another that the body use internally. Drinkable alcohol is ethyl alcohol. Fermentation is the process that is used to make the alcohol that people drink. Even though alcohol is widely drank by almost everyone, there are several health considerations on what alcohol can do to our body.
How does alcohol affect the body?
– If a person drank only a small amount of alcohol, it can make him feel relaxed.
– If a person drank more than what is expected, there may have certain alterations with the person’s attitude and behavior. The person can do silly or violent things and their movements become uncoordinated.
Truth is, when a person drinks alcohol, no matter how much the intake is, the only thing that is affected is that person’s balance and coordination. That’s it. It doesn’t affect the way people think and speak. When alcohol goes into a person’s bloodstream, it slows down whatever messages that are coming into the brain because alcohol is a depressant drug. That’s why when you feel depressed and you drink alcohol, you will feel more depressed.
Alcohol affects the liver badly. Especially if you made alcohol drinking as part of your everyday living. When it goes to the system, it will take the liver about 24-48 hours to excrete every single alcohol inside the body. When the liver can no longer clean the alcohol, it stays on the liver, thus diseases like liver cirrhosis are produced.
There are several factors that can influence a person to drink alcohol:
– Peer pressure. If you’ve chosen a group of friends that drinks alcohol severely, it will seem that you’re out of place if you didn’t try even a sip. As long as you are within the group, you’ll start to enjoy the taste of alcohol and want more.
– Socialization. Gathering and celebrations always entail alcohol drinking. It is very seldom that you encounter a party without alcohol.
– Curiosity. Kids often get curious with the way adults drink alcohol. When they see their parents drinking, they will ask themselves a lot of things. And because the environment of laughter and cheers are very inviting, there will come a time when they will take the opportunity of trying too.
– Depression. Your boss hates you. Your girlfriend dumped you. You’re completely broke. When you arrive home, there, you see the three bottles of beer sitting on top of your fridge. You grab it and start wondering how your life can end at the very moment. During sadness and melancholy times, a bottle of beer is your only best friend.
Drinking alcohol can have its benefits and downfalls. It can greatly affect a person’s entire being and the way he deals with other people.
One very good benefit of alcohol is that it can dilate blood vessels with the prescribed amount by the doctor. Thus, increasing the amount of blood that flows around the body which is good for the heart. Realizing all the good and bad factors alcohol bring, it would be safe to say that if you can’t avoid it totally, then for your personal health care, drink moderately.